Sunday, June 14, 2009

WARNING... GAG ALERT...

So tonight the hubby and I are watching Slumdog Millionaire. I pause the movie for a bathroom break and as I sit up on the edge of the couch my husband, who's sitting in the chair across from me, says "Wait - Don't move." I'm thinking there must be a huge spider on the wall behind me. "What?!" I ask as he reaches and grabs his cell phone.

"Hang on," he says, "You looked so cute sitting there just now... I want to take your picture."

Maybe things like this happen in most people's relationships/marriages/etc. However, this was such an uncommon thing for him to say. He's not what you would call the most vocal person unless of course we're talking about his beloved dirtbike. No misunderstanding, he is quite affectionate and is a wonderful husband - I thank God for him every day. But this was just one of those moments you wish you could frame and set on your nightstand. Its small moments like that that make me look up at the sky and give God a little wink. He wasn't kidding when He joined the two of us. What a wonderful plan He has.

No comments:

Post a Comment