Tuesday, January 12, 2010

THE PROWESS OF A BAYSIDE TIGER

Yep... Bayside Tiger... rack your brain.... Give up? SAVED BY THE BELL REFERENCE!!! HELLO!!! You read that right. Where did that come from you ask?

With the extra hours I've been putting in at work I ended up not having to go in until noon today. So I woke up and decided to flip on the TV until I could motivate myself to roll out of bed. When what to my wondering eyes should appear? But Zack Morris and eight tiny reindeer! Ok there were no reindeer in this post slumber experience but Zack, Kelly and the gang were totally blessing my TV screen in their high tops and neon glory.


It was THE best morning I've had in a very long time. I was even able to motivate myself to get up and do 15 minutes on Satans Sand Walker aka the Elliptical. I put the ol' iTunes on shuffle and today's workout soundtrack was quite interesting:

30 Seconds to Mars - From Yesterday (odd choice you might say but totally worked what with
the angst and all...), Lupe Fiasco - Superstar, Baby Boi da Prince - The Way I Live (because apparently I'm gangsta when I work it out) and the cool down phase was completed to the sounds of U2 - With or Without You.

But dammit I'm pumped. Its only day 2 but I've done pretty awesome. Oh and the Shred you ask... well is it a LAW that it has to be done in 30 days? I don't think so. Manlady is NOT the boss of me. And I'll admit I'm not *quite* to the point of dedicating myself to TWO workouts a day. Call me lazy but I'm a firm believer in adding change in small doses thus making it easier to maintain. But tomorrow? Tomorrow we shred.

**BONUS** - REASON #2 for being drawn to "the shred." I feel like I can use it in conversation and sound like I'm shredding on some guitar strings Slash-style.


2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind...but having left my own fear at sue's wall, I read through other people's fears and saw yours.
    And whatever anybody else ever thinks.
    just know that there is one person..who, if you looked at them when asked "what did you want to be when you were growing up" and you said "a mom'....
    well, they would think you were pretty incredible.
    In my opionion as a stay at home, homeschooling mother of two beautiful girls...there will never be anything more important in life than being a mother. ever.
    You will make an excellent one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - where ya been? WRITE SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete